Thursday, April 30, 2009

All Your Grills are Belong to Us

Been thinking about getting my outdoor kitchen since we moved into the Menlo Oaks Home, but things were going slowly, what with the economics of these times, and buying a new car, etc etc. Plus I obviously wasn't going to settle for less than the best (have I ever, when it comes to food?). My original plan was to build an island in the backyard, with two grills, one gas, and one charcoal. I wasn't really concerned about the sink/side burners/refrigeration etc, but with our budget, we'd have to wait months before starting work on this. Bummer.

Two weekends ago, Daryl and I stopped by Burlingame to visit Maloufs - they were having their annual sidewalk sale, and on their last sale, I got an awesome pair of jeweled Zanotti's for about 60% off - Woo! Unfortunately, I didn't find anything at Maloufs, but we did find something at Atherton Appliance & Kitchen, when we stopped by on the way to the car!

There was Wolf Grill floor sample, on 40% discount, and I guess it was just too good to pass up. It was also on a cart, which means that we could start using it even before I build the Island, etc etc. The total price would have been cheaper than getting a so-so gas grill built in! The grill arrived yesterday, and I'm just gearing to go for the BBQ break in party! It hasn't stopped me from wanting to build the kitchen/island though. Currently, the plans are for a built in charcoal, where I can do a suckling pig on a spit! Doesn't that sound awesome? Stay tuned for updates on that, but meanwhile, here's the gas grill in question:



Features
- LP gas
- Freestanding cart (C) models
- Heavy-duty, 18-gauge stainless steel construction with classic stainless steel exterior finish
- Push-button, battery-powered ignition
- Individually controlled 10,000 Btu/hr (6!!!) stainless steel grill burners and 9,000 Btu/hr infrared rotisserie burner
- Cast iron porcelain-coated grill grates
- Redesigned burner radiant plates
- 115-volt rotisserie motor and infrared rear rotisserie burner
- Two-piece stainless steel hood and handle
- LP gas models include gas regulator, hose and 5-gallon tank
- Heavy-duty locking swivel casters on cart models
- Scraper and protective canvas cover included

2 comments:

  1. Six 10,000 Btu burners? You'll have to fill that 5 gal tank every use! Seriously, congrats, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,

    this may be off topic on this blog post, but it seems that you're opening your own place or thinking about your own business? Are you gonna use your recently registered domain? If that's the case, congrats!

    In my opinion, if you build up your own online brand, you might as well do it right, right from the start - rather than having to shift gears later and explain to everyone why you've changed names...

    I guess you know where I am going with this.... so please, don't use the name "Skinny Chef". But I am sure you've everything covered, right??

    If you wanna talk, email me ...

    ReplyDelete